Wednesday, November 12, 2014

A Walk in the Country

   Fanny and I went to town this morning to run some errand.  After visiting Hannaford's, the bank...where they always give Fanny a doggie treat, the Post Office, the library and gas station I decided to reward us with a stop at Subway before heading home.  Since it was too early for the mail  I backed into the driveway...right up to the stairs...to unload the groceries and bundle of hard wood I had gotten at Hannaford's and managed to lock Fanny, my purse, and cell phone in the running car.  I walked down to my neighbor's house to see if Wally had something to open a locked car door but no one was home. Massaro's,the florist on Rte 5...about 1/2 mile away... was my next target.  On the way I wondered if Fanny would eat the sub that was on the front seat if she was left alone in the car for too long and rehearsed what I would say to Jeff over the phone to explain the situation.  
   A sleepy looking Jeff soon drove up.  He said he had looked for me at the florist but since he didn't see me (I was inside) went to the house and let the dog out of the car.  She ran...he said, 'slinked' straight into the house.  Then he came back to the florist looking for me.   I rewarded him with a pot of fresh coffee.  When the coffee was gone, Jeff went home to shave and change his clothes.  I fell asleep in my chair by the wood stove and Fanny stretched out on the couch. It had been an exciting morning for all of us.

No comments: