Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Change of Pace

We stacked  (Jeff cut/I stacked) firewood yesterday and since we didn't quite finish the pile I thought we'd be doing it again today but Jeff announced his back needed a day of rest so I decided to go to JoAnn Fabrics and use a couple of my coupons.  I got 2 skeins of Serenity sock yarn (aquamarine) to include in 1 swap package and a skein of Red Heart Boutiques' Rigoletto (wildflowers) for another.  Then I saw a display of Holiday Inspirations socks and got a gray pair with snowmen for another swap. (r) With the coupons I spent a total of $12.22.  Not bad! 

Found a swap package from Karen (Knitfever2) sitting outside my door yesterday morning.  Now comes the hard part…waiting until Dec 1st to start opening the packagettes…...25 wrapped and labeled packages (below) to open 1 a day from Dec 1 until Dec. 25th..(.there's even 1 for Fanny, I think (upper l corner of photo)...) and not opening all 25 at once! This will take will power. I was the kid who always found my mom’s hiding places at Christmas, and if she wrapped them before I found them, I would unwrap/rewrap them to make sure she got the right doll, color etc. Mom asked…when she saw what the package held…if I was going to revert to my old habits or try to wait it out. I think there are two guards watching these packages so I’d better wait it out. 


When I said I was going to the mall, Jeff's back made a remarkable recovery and he went with me.  After my stop at JoAnn's...and at Ollie's for him...we went to Gander Mountain so Jeff could check out the newest guns.  (Hey, I  had checked out yarn ....)  Then we stopped at his sister's on the way home to check up on her.  She had had a root canal a couple of months ago and there still was a hole in her jaw.  Ended up having a bone transplant last Monday and is still on soft foods. 

 Now it's time to get supper.  Maybe pasta?  Tonight I want to finish the potholder I'm doing for another swap. Tis the season, remember?  I've got 2 swaps a week due for the next 3 weeks.  I think there may be a good amount of yarn under my Christmas tree this year!

No comments: