Sunday, November 4, 2012

Another Weekend

Another weekend comes to an end and while the weather was cold and damp we worked outside this afternoon, anyway, Jeff cutting wood and me stacking it.  (Hey, he worked in the garage and I stacked it outside!  What's wrong here?) He saw online last night that there's a nor'easter heading for the mid-Atlantic coast (same approximate landfall as the hurricane) that could effect our weather later this week and he wanted to make sure we have enough wood cut and the utility trailer put away before we get any significant snow.  Tomorrow we're going to see if we can find glass chimneys to fit some of the oil lamps we have.  When the hurricane was predicted Walmart sold out of everything...chimneys, wicks and oil.  They haven't restocked as of yesterday so we may have to check a couple of the hardware stores.   Fanny was having a ball running circles thru the garden like a kid...running around and then throwing herself into a pile of leaves.  Boy, I bet she's full of ticks tonight!  It usually takes 12-18 hours for them to fall off...or me to pick them off.  She gets dosed monthly with the flea and tick repellent  you spread down her spine but she still manages to acquire 2-3 after playing in the leaves.  And dirty!  You just don't realize how dirty a white dog can get running through piles of leaves.

Before we went outside I worked on the 2nd sock for an upcoming swap, turning the heel and starting the  leg.  I managed to get it turned on the first try today.  If I get uninterrupted I usually have to rip it out and start again.  It took 3 tries to turn the heel on the 1st sock!  I'm still disappointed that the repeats in the pattern are not identical.  You can tell the socks are a pair but the self-stripping yarn isn't perfect.  I got an email from Betsy who worked in the shop yesterday to tell me that this hot pink blacksheep sweater had sold.  I have one in mallard green that seems to have taken up premanent residence on my needles that I can finish by Tuesday when I go down to work.

I got an email thank you today from Adriane in KC, MO  for what I had sent her in another swap.  I had included my favorite children's book, Annie Hoot and the Knitting Extravagance.  It seemed like the right book to include in a knitting swap.  Swaps can be such fun!

The replacement basket for our Ronco Rotisserie came this week and we've used it twice.  It was great for the chicken pieces I did tonight, and Jeff did pork chops with peppers and onions earlier this week.   The meat stays nice and moist and the veggies cook perfectly. It was worth the cost.

No comments: