Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Needles Are A Clickin'!

I'm finally getting back in the mood to knit...did some toddler hats with a train on one and sheep on another. Sunday night I decided to try a girl's shrug but of course couldn't find the pattern I wanted...so I decided to wing it! With white Baby Bernat on size US 8 needles, I cast on for a v-neck raglan from the neck down (CO 8 work in ribbing for 5", drop yarn w/o binding off. Attach another ball of yarn and go back and pick-up 8 sts from cast on edge and work in ribbing for 5". Then rib 5, pick up 55 sts along one long side and rib the last 5 sts. I cut one yarn then and work the end in. That way I can decide which side of the ribbing is the 'right' side. Purl across wrong side adding markers: rib 8, marker,p2, marker, p12, marker, p27, marker, p12, marker, p2, marker, rib 8.) And just worked the yoke as normal increasing as if it were a cardigan. When I finished I just worked a 1 1/2"rib on the sleeves and...well, that's where I am now. I'll post a photo tonight. It's a size 6 and would be perfect with a First Communion or even an Easter dress. I found the pattern I was looking for on my worktable this morning so I do know how long to make the body. I think this may call for a trip to JoAnn's for yarn. I still haven't spend my allotment from the camp sale.

No comments: