Friday, September 30, 2011

OTN: What's not?

I really got involved with swapping on a knitting site this year and I'm having so-o-o much fun I highly recommend it to everyone. For one of the 1st swaps I signed up for I had to do a Victorian Lace scarf. I so loved that pattern...and yarn...it was a silk blend I found in my stash...that I made several. Sent one to the swappee, put one in the shop, changed the yarn and made a scarf for another swap, then used the lace pattern in a bookmark for still another swap and last night used the lace pattern again, this time in a jewelry pouch. I finally knitted with beads this summer doing a necklace I found in 101 Designers One-skein Wonders...but of course, I changed the yarn and needles and strung the beads differently than instructed. In fact, I did 2 necklaces...with pouches...for the swap, and another set for the shop. (Last night I did the pouch for a 2nd set to go in the shop.) Found a doll size table that I had done back when I did American Girl doll stuff...we did chairs & sofa and table as a set. I took the table apart and now it's a necklace display rack. I'm having so much fun knitting with beads...once I get them on the yarn, that is. (One of the group moderators gave me a link to a video that showed how to string beads using dental floss. And another member told he how to use double-faced tape to keep loose beads undercontrol. Both very easy!)

In the mean time, I've done some baby sweaters for the shop, just regular-raglan- from-the-neck-down with novelty buttons to spruce things up, and a couple of hoodies. One was a 'varsity' jacket (white hood & sleeves on navy blue body) with baseball button s (what else for Cooperstown, huh?) and the other was a pumpkin...a orange hood with green stem on a green body with pumpkin buttons. Now that one went quickly so I did another one!

In the baggie in my purse a sock for Jeff is slowly growing. I got several inches done on it when we went fishing last week and another inch or so when I did laundry this week. He may end up with another pair yet!

No comments: