Friday, September 16, 2011

Swap News

It must have been Christmas someplace yesterday coz when I got home last night I found a note in my mailbox from the mailman telling me there was a "parcel" in the garage for me. WOW! Not 1 swap package but 2! Jeff and my mom had to gather around to see what there was (Magic Ball from Jessica in California and Market Bag from Rachel in Ohio). They were both excited about the candy bars...will I share? Had to explain to Jeff the principle behind a Magic Ball (wrap a ball of yarn around treasure, burying little...or big...things in the ball as you wrap. To retreave the treasures the ball has to be rewound again.) He thinks it would have been easier just to put all the stuff in a box w/o wrapping them in the ball of yarn. Non-knitters, huh? And that ball of yarn! A turquoise peruvian wool that I'm definately keeping for myself. It's so soft!!
The Market Bag is the perfect size for carrying knitting projects, and I may keep the sock yarn that came with that for me...actually make myself a pair of socks. Yea, right. All the little bits and pieces from the 2 packages got mixed up a little with the 3 of us grabbing things as they caught our eye, but everything was oohhed and aahhed over. And the strangest thing: there was a little notepad enclosed in one of the packages that matches excatly one I bought to send with my market bag. Don't tell me great minds don't think alike. Needless to say, A Swap in Time is very popular at my house today.
My next swap project is a beaded knit necklace...but I've never knit with bead...always added them afterwards. I looked in books and on line to get some instruction but it wasn't going well. Ever try to thread 178 6mm bead onto yarn? Not an easy job. I asked the A Swap in Time group for their suggestions and got a link to placing beads from Wendy in England the swap moderator. It is to a video that shows the easiest way to string beads using dental floss. Tried it last night and it works! But I decided to change the weight of yarn (from dk to #3 crochet cotton) for my necklaces. I think they make up much more delicate. We'll see.
Jeff saw his doctor yesterday..1st time since he got out of the hospital. She sure wasn't in a hurry to see him, was she? He's not happy with her. She tried to talk him back onto all the meds that were stopped when he was in Bassett. Doesn't she know you can't talk him into anything??? She ended up cutting dosage on a few and even cutting out a couple of the meds...but she wrote 'scripts for some that he refuses to take. When the meds were stopped, the bleeding stopped. Doesn't it seem logical the 2 may be related? Oh, yeah, I forgot, this is organized medicine.

No comments: