Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Swapping Fun





I got involved in some knitting swaps this summer and have really enjoyed myself. This is a pic of what I sent as a Summer Time Swap to Pennsylvania. The only requirement was 100 gms of yarn and your favorite cake recipe...everything else were extras! I loved the rubber ducky and the ice cream cone certificates from Stewart's that were in the summer reading program prize box so much that I asked for some in exchange for the graphic work I did (after I made sure there was a Stewart's Shop near where my swap box was heading.) The 2 beaded stitch markers were made by someone in the shop and the bottle huggers were last minute additions to the box. I found the directions on line and since I was using a new skein of yarn I thought they'd need charms to help identify who was drinking what. The colorful plastic flip-flop buttons were perfect! I noticed that all the packages I had been getting from England had tea bags included and since I couldn't excatly put in bottles of water, I settled for individual packs of Crystal Light. My cousin liked the plastic reuable ice cubes that I found at the dollar store so much he visited several Dollar Tree stores before he found any in-stock (then bought all the packages!)






Jeff helped me block and starch the hat ,and reconstructed a cardboard box that it would fit in. I'm not sure we were speaking the same language some of the time but we finally got it all together. I packed all the goodies in the crown of the hat and wrapped the entire thing in plastic on a piece of styrofoam board that fit excatly in the box. It made the trip without much damage...a lot better than Jeff predicted. It was well received. I'm glad I joined the swaps and I am looking forward to the others that I signed up for.

No comments: