Monday, June 13, 2011

This & That










The 'watch dawg'



Jeff got more of the garden tilled/planted Friday and then the rain started...hasn't really stopped yet. At least we haven't had to water the garden in 2 days! I mowed the lawn as he worked in the garden. Got the entire side lawn finished. Boy, it looks good! I pushed the weeds back another 4 feet so I can mow around the trees. Looks like a professional job if I say so myself. I got tangled in the longer weeds and fell once...but I didn't let the mower stop (too hard to start it again). Got the back and part of the other side lawn to do if it every stops raining. I would like to get the entire lawn done at least 2 times before I have to have the loose screws in my right leg removed July 29th. I saw the orthopedic surgeon last Wednesday and he agreed it was time to get rid of my loose screws. He even gave me a copy of the x-ray that shows the screw heads sticking out of the bone! That will mean 2 weeks off work so I probably shouldn't plan on mowing the lawn then either.


It was my turn to work in the shop in Cooperstown yesterday and coz of the rainy weather there wasn't many people wandering around. Made for a very quiet day. I did get a lot of knitting done...an entire Victorian Lace scarf on size US9's in a light olive imported cotton-silk-viscose (rayon??) blend. Only 21 stitches/7 rows for a pattern and that went fast! Last night I tried to read before going to bed but gave up after a few minutes. I was asleep by 9pm and didn't wake up all night. All that mowing Friday and walking around in the rain Saturday really got to me. Boy, did my leg ache.


These are photos of my display at the shop in Cooperstown. Mostly baby sweaters but I'm trying to expand into adult...the olive lace shawl and behind it a lime lace cowl. Maybe I should say I'm trying to expand into lace....

















No comments: