Friday, June 17, 2011

The Garden's Complete!






Last night was The Spraying of the Potato Bugs...and pepper bugs and tomato bugs and etc. Jeff said he could see the bugs jumping off the potato plants as he sprayed...and he announced each new seedling as he found them. He did some more tilling and decided maybe it's as big as it's going to get this year. Of course he has run out of yard on the road side. His potato hills are about 3' high and the potato plants have started to blossom...so have the beans and peppers. He has already started to plan next year's garden, where he'll put what. If we get only a halfway decent crop this year we will be busy canning and dehyrading at picking time! I planted my herb garden in the old dog's wading pool...even found more stevia seeds to put in there. Boy, is that a shock to pay $2.49 for a packet of seeds and open it to find 10 very small seeds. Jeff started a packet of stevia and transplanted the seedlings but lost the label in the move so I figured another attempt might be necessary. I went with the seeds instead of a plant coz of the cost of one ...around $6/plant...but so far I've got $5 in seeds with nothing to show for it yet. Of course, I may be overwhelmed with stevia plants in a few weeks. I also did my time picking up rocks but Jeff tilled up more! I hope this 'bend and stretch' will show on my waist.

I tried again to start a lace garden hat and got further along on the chart before I ran into trouble and had to rip it out. This morning I enlarged the chart...hope that helps me keep my place. This hat is suppose to be for a summer swap in a knitting group but I think it will end up in the shop in Cooperstown. If I could just work on it without anyone interrupting me I just might get it done. I'll try again tonight.











No comments: