Sunday, March 29, 2009

Me, Myself & I

I just want everyone to know that I'm back in the land of the semi-living. Around Feb. 23rd, I had a 'cardiac' moment in our kitchen. When I came to, I was on my back and my right foot hurt like hell. I couldn't put any weight on it so we called 911 and I went to LFH/ER for the evening. Later that night I went to Bassett Hospital in Coooperstown. The next day I had a plate, 2 pins and 2 screws put in my right ankel and my metric heart valve replaced. I spent 2 weeks in Cooperstown and then was transferred to the Sitirin home in Utica. I still had a no-weight bearing cast on my right foot for another week and an appointment to get my cast changed and a cardiac eval and hopefully sent home. To make matters worse, our dog died while I was hospitalized and Mom got stuck taking care of that. John Fiore helped her with the dog and while we're both sad, Teddi was almost 16 years old and we knew this was going to happen anytime. Thanks to John, Teddi got buried with our other dogs...something I might not have been able to do myself.

Mom is doing very well at home with the help of some family, neighbors and friends.
Not much else new from me.Hope to hear from all of you. Mary T

No comments: