Sunday, March 29, 2009

Me, myself & I-update

Well, folks, it only took 2 weeks home to have me climbing the walls! There is just so much knitting (3 pairs of baby socks and the front of an adult sleeveless Aran vest) , reading (Barbara Walter's memoirs and a MC Beaton murder mystery), playing cards on-line, watching old tv shows & movies and napping that I can do. I've even started cleaning what I can reach from the wheelchair. Our lower kitchen cabinets have never been so clean! I went to my 1st MD appointment Thursday & saw my regular cardiologist who said ok, you're doing fine, see you in 3 months. When I asked if there were limits on my activities due to the artificial heart valve, he said no, I no longer had a heart condition. This coming Tuesday I have appointments for lab works, etc with the cardiac surgeon in Cooperstown. Hopefully, he'll just say Bye. Today I got a card in the mail registering my artificial heart valve! That'll leave the orthopedic surgeon...who's really in control of my life right now...to see at the end of April when the cast is scheduled to be changed and the screw that's holding the ligament in place across the front of my ankle is removed. I wonder if I could ask for it as a keepsake? Oh, that card actually identified when the valve was replaced. Seems I've lost another week of my life...it all happened a week earlier than I remembered (2/25). Hey, I just thought of something: when should I now celebrate my birthday 2/25 or 4/9? More next week. Mary T

No comments: