Sunday, March 29, 2009

Me, Myself & I-update

The rehab center didn't want me to leave so I had to sign myself out against medical advise. By the time I made it to my appointments in Cooperstown the sealed envelopes they had given me to pass on to my doctors had opened and I could see their point of view clearly. When I explained my attitude re rehab both my doctors questioned why I had gone there instead of straight home...never posed as an choice to me. (Sitrin wanted me to keep the appointments w/Bassett but return to them for a few more days, too.) Anyway, I now have a red walking cast and a brand new walker... sold to me by Sitrin that Bassett's ortho MD doesn't want me using too much. He wants me 'walking' while seated in a wheelchair as much as I can. Everything's looking good except the ligament on my right instep that was torn in the fall and is being held in place by one of the screws for another month. The ortho-man told me I did a damn good job on my foot! But the heart valve replacement looks good. My next cardio check up is next week in Herkimer and the big one with all the tests is at the end of the month in C'town. The foot is my big problem right now. It's going to keep me home for at least 10 more weeks! But it's great to be home! Last night was the lst night I slept all night in a week! Nursing homes are very noisy at night! Mary T

No comments: