Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fingerless Mitts

I had decided after Christmas to do some fingerless mitts for Fred and some of his friends in China because of the heat issue (lack of it) but stopped working on them when he said no one would wear them. Well, he's on a 2-week vacation thru the south of China and a lot of 'no ones' are wearing them in the photos he's sent me! I started a pair for a Chinese teacher last night in Sensations Soles & More from JoAnn's and I really like they way they are growing! I have one mitt finished in Essential Tweeds from Knitpicks that'll be for Fred, and that just leaves a pair for a Filipino teacher but I need to get something girly for her. Oh, well, I can always break my New Year's resolution and go shopping for yarn!

I want to get these fingerless mitts done quickly so I can mail the package (it takes about 20 days to get there) and go back to knitting baby sweaters to build my stock for the late April reopening of the shop in Cooperstown. I've done 2 baby sets in Bernat Baby Jacquard, a self stripping, that works up very nice and quite quickly. (But, after working on Fred's XL vest, any thing smaller seems to work up quickly!) I can't remember the last time I had 2 sets in the finished bag this early in winter!

No comments: