Thursday, January 8, 2009

My First of 2009


I finished my first 2 projects of 2009 last night: 1st was Fred's vest. It made up very nicely, the cable around the neck and down the fronts make it just a little dressy. However, it did re-enforce a couple of pet peeves of mine: I do not like to k1p1 rib for long lengths, I do not like to pick up stitches for a band that must be ribbed, and I do not like to bind off in ribbing. I have to take and post a photo of it before I send it, and I'll ask for a photo of him in it, too!

My 2nd project was a baby hat that was on the back of Bernat Baby Jacquards label. I did it in the pink and yellow jacquard and really liked how it worked up. The yardage was very good and I went back to Walmart and got another skein so I can do a sweater to go with it. I like working on baby things because they knit up so fast! Especially after knitting a man's XL vest!

1 comment:

Sue said...

The vest looks great! Missed you at knitting last night.