Friday, March 1, 2024

Happy Birthday, Jeff! (pt2)

      Jeff and I were supposed to meet my cousin, Ed, at Fat Cat's for supper tonight to celebrate Jeff's birthday, but something came up and Ed had to cancel.  We were really looking forward to going out for dinner, so we decided to go out anyway.  We went to town about 4pm and did some errands before deciding where we would eat.  Since I was 'buying' I told Jeff to go to whichever restaurant he really wanted to eat at, and he chose the Mohawk Station.  We both love the Mexican restaurant, Tren de Villa Mexican, that is there.  Jeff easily chose 'Carne Campirano', a big platter of steak strips with veggies over refried beans and Mexican rice, his favorite! I decided on a Taco salad, and I wasn't disappointed!  I have never had a Taco salad that good.  There was even refried beans and Mexican rice on the bottom of the giant taco shell.  And the taco shell!  I almost think it was made in the restaurant kitchen.  I have never tasted a taco shell that was so light, crisp and...just plain good!  Even the old Asteroga House in Little Falls couldn't come close to this taco shell!

    After we supper we kept saying to each other, 'that was a good meal' as we rode over to Hannaford's, shopped and rode home.  When we went past Fat Cat's overflowing parking lots I said 'I'm glad we went to the Station' and Jeff said(again) 'that was sure a good meal!'

   I got a carrot cake and some ice cream at Hannaford's incase Ed decided to come over for dessert.  But if he doesn't get here soon, I'm not going to be held responsible for this carrot cake's future!

edited 3/2/24  10:55am:  Ed showed up about 7:45pm with a cake (!) and this carrot cake was soon a shadow of itself.  But it was good!  Vanilla ice cream went with it so well....  The dogs sat by our sides and eventually I gave them both a spoonful of ice cream.  That satisfied Fanny and she stretched out under the table but next to Jeff and was soon asleep.  Zoey didn't give in that easily and hung around hoping for more, but she finally gave in and went into the living room to stretch out on the dog pillow on the floor where she could keep an eye on us (or the cake) at the kitchen table.  She must have had a dream of eating the entire cake because about half an hour later she let out a large snort and several loud snores!  We all laughed at her, but she just went back to sleep!  I think everyone enjoyed Jeff's birthday.  Oh, he finished his deviled eggs for a midnight snack.  Said they were good.  I think I'll do them again for St Patrick's Day.

No comments: