Friday, December 29, 2023

The Finishing Touch

    It didn't seem complete...my Christmas tree.  Oh, it had red balls, and green balls and jingle bells.  There was an enameled sunfish charm that's really a stitch marker but I think is too cute to use for that, and a red paper Cardinal that I keep in my bedroom the rest of the year. The snowflake and star buttons look so good hanging from the green branches.  And of course, Dominic and his wagon are right in front, but it was still missing something.  Then, the week before Christmas I was fooling around online and stumbled onto a site selling ornaments.  And I found, quite by accident, what my little (2 ft artificial tree) was missing...a Nativity scene.  It's supposed to be glass but I'm not sure, it's about 4.5" high and has Mary and Joseph around Jesus's manger.  It can hang from a branch, but I have it sitting on the table under the tree with Dominic and his wagon in front of it.  Now my Christmas tree is complete!

                          Buon Natale!



 

No comments: