Sunday, December 17, 2023

No More Housework For Me! Please!

       Today I decided the house was decorated enough for Christmas for the 2 of us.  It was going to be a quiet holiday without any guests, and it was clean enough for that!!  But I wanted to move the floor lamp in my work nook...switch chair sides and get me away from the window a little more... so I had to do somethings.  

     My work nook is just a small area of a bedroom.  There is a large wingback chair (very comfortable for knitting and reading), an ottoman, and bags and boxes of yarn, all stuck between the bed, dresser and window.  The floor lamp, with multiple adjustments, fell over this summer...actually fell apart from multiple adjustments...and when reassembled got put on the wrong side of the chair.  I decided I wanted it back where it belonged and today was the day to move it.  

      I pushed most of the yarn out of the way and balanced the chair back on its back legs. I held it like that as I moved the floor lamp and made sure the lamp base and cord were not under the chair.  Everything was going well until I lost my grip on the chair, and it crashed to the floor...on to my foot!  I let out a scream, Zoey barked, Jeff called out "What did you do now?"  And I fell forward...on to the chair! I was lucky to fall into the chair because there wasn't much floor space to fall on to.  If I had missed the chair, Jeff would have had to call the fire department to come with the Jaws of Life to get me up...I would have been wedged in!  I haven't looked at my foot yet, but I'm sure I've got a bruise.

         Even with the lamp where it rightly belongs (on the left side of the chair) I think I need a brighter bulb, but that will have to wait until our next trip to town.  At least the chair is a little further from the window than it was.  That should make the nook a bit warmer...I hope! But that ends my housecleaning efforts for the year.  Anything else that needs doing can wait until Spring!

No comments: