Saturday, June 5, 2021

Thank You, Ray Brunette!

    I'm not a very good housekeeper.  There is always something else I'd rather do...knit, read, play, play on the computer, you name it, I can always find something else to do besides housework!  Jeff isn't much neater so our house is fairly messy most of the time.  One of my cousins use to say it had the 'lived in look'.  Well, anyway, there are times when the housework bug does bite me and I do things. This week I've had it with the empty soda bottles and cans.  Before the lockdown I was taking our returnables back weekly or every other week but during the winter they got away from me and started to pile up.  Then I remembered that the Fire Department collected returnables so I decided to take them there.  

   On our way to town yesterday we took our empties to the Fire Station.  There must have been 5 or 6 garbage bags in the back of the car...you could hardly see out of the back window!  But when we got to the fire station we couldn't find where to leave our bags, so we droved on to town and then home with them.

   When I got back online later yesterday I sent a message to the man who told me I could take them to the fire station and explained why we didn't.  He offered again to come over and pick them up so I gave him our address and went out and put the bags of bottles and cans in the wagon of the Cub Cadet which was parked in front of the garage.  They sat there all night waiting for him. Jeff even put a couple of more bags in the wagon early this morning!  I don't know what time he came over and collected our offering but I never heard the dogs bark.  (Remember, Zoey is our early Beagle warning system.)  

   E. Herkimer is a volunteer fire department and collecting returnables is a way for the department to earn extra money.  I'm happy to give them what we've got massed.  When I figurer out where to take them I'll do it myself.  In the meantime, Thank You, Ray Brunette, for picking up our bottles and cans. 

No comments: