Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Doctor's Appointments, Memorial Day Picnic and a Sweater

    Today I had an appointment with an endocrinologist to check my osteopenia/osteoporosis and my thyroid.  She looked at the results of my last blood work and said I was still anemic...C,B,D levels were good but iron was still low.   She was happy that the D levels were up and suggested another dose of  Reclast to help strengthen my bones, and to redo the blood test.  This will be my 3rd annual dose of Reclast--leaving only 1 more available.  But it is helping to strengthen my bones!  Besides having a family history of osteopenia, I also went thru chemo and radiation therapies and they both leach calcium.  (I react well to the Reclast and my bones are stronger so it's worth the IV.)  My mother and 2 of her sisters had sever osteoporosis and suffered broken hips.  I am terrified that I will, too, especially since I manage to fall on the ice in the driveway every winter!  (I was lucky this past winter:  I only fell once!)  She also decided to order a scan of my neck and thyroid...something seems to have developed where there shouldn't be anything (I had part of one lobe of the thyroid removed about 30+ years ago because it had some rather large cysts in it that were pressing on my windpipe).  The levels for the thyroid enzymes were still in range but lower than my last blood work.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get that scheduled for as soon as I'd like...nothing was available until June 22nd. (Herkimer fills up fast!)  It's a fasting blood test so I scheduled the  appointment for 8:15am, with the thyroid scan directly after.  I'll have to remember to bring a power bar with me!

   My cousin, Ed, came over for supper last night and we had an inside picnic.  It's been raining off and on most of the week so that seemed the best thing to do!  I got potato salad, macaroni salad and a summer slaw that Jeff & I really like!  Hannaford had corn on the cob, too, so I got some of that.  Jeff was going to get a London Broil but he didn't like what they had so he got a rolled roast.  He seasoned it up and let it sit for a couple of hour before  putting it on our RonCo rotisserie.  I let it cook for about 50 minutes and it was perfect!  I also got a loaf of garlic bread to round off the meal.  The meat was so tender we were able to cut it with our regular knives!  (Jeff made chili for supper tonight and he put part of what was left of the roast in that.)  Ed brought dessert:  blackberry cobbler and vanilla ice cream.  Walmart's been having this cobbler since the holidays and it is good!  Thicker than a pie!!  I love blackberries!  Can't beat this for dessert.  (I made Ed take home what was left...I'd love to eat it but don't need to!!)

   So far this year the new version of my Sheep sweater has been a good seller.  I took 2 down with me last week when I worked and they both sold!  I'm trying to do a couple more before I work again, (June 11th). That makes 6 that have sold since we opened in April.  I haven't even started a baseball sweater!  Tomorrow I'll try to post a photo of this one...if the new HP lets me but right now I think I'll call it a night and try to get some sleep.

No comments: