Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Snow Adventure, part II

    Our snow adventure goes on!  

   When you have peaked, metal roofs, snow slides off with a great roar and crash.  I usually don't pay much attention to it.  The TV room has the only peaked, metal roof and there is nothing on one side of it that can be damaged...I thought.

   Yesterday I noticed from my chair at this PC a strange object sticking out of the snow

  so I got up and moved closer to the window to see what it was.  Turns out it's the top T of our woodstove chimney pipe!  The rest of the chimney pipe, the 'table' it rested on...and one of the 4x4's
that supported it, and part of the facial board from the roof are buried in the snow around it.
 

Not much is left along the roof where it's suppose to be!  That's the end of the woodstove for this winter!  Good thing we just had our oil tank filled last week.  Hope it lasts till Spring!




No comments: