Sunday, May 3, 2020

The Countdown Has Started!

   The countdown has started!  Sometime this week Cooper Country Crafts will be fully stocked and ready for business...by appointment only!  There will be a phone number on the door (318-858-0132) and all you have to do is call and arrange for a member to meet you at the shop.  I'm sure you'll be able to fine that perfect gift for Mother's Day on our shelves.
   In the meantime, I have to finish ALL the works in progress that are on my needles and work in ALL the yarn ends that I left hanging from what I did finish before I can stock my displays...yea, plural.  I now have 2 displays.  My usual hand-knit baby and children sweaters and hats and things and this year a new, 'Highland Knits', inspired by the books and TV show Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.  It has been so much fun knitting 18th century scarves, shawls and fingerless gloves.  At first the colors or lack of colors was a little boring but as a history major I realize it wasn't as bland as they make it out to be.  Fabric artists always used natural dyes from plants to color yarn and while the colors weren't as vibrant they still were attractive.  I've tried to use a variety of subtle colors in my knitting.  The problem I had was Walmart wasn't stocking their yarn display with much of anything this winter.  I ordered some yarn from catalogs and online but that added to the cost and time.  Shipping was slow and often doubled the cost of a skein of yarn. So I made do with what I could find in the store.  Hope it sells!  
   Anyway, here are the 3 sets of gauntlets or fingerless mitts that I'll have in the shop.