Sunday, September 9, 2018

Reclaiming The Parlor

  

  When Jeff moved in x# of years ago we put his extra furniture in our formal parlor because the room was more of a showpiece than a living room.  Now the 'Parlor' has become more of a 'Storage' room with a corner for my PC as boxes full of stuff have filled in the corners and under the furniture.  Since I will be doing most of my TV viewing on my PC since we cancelled the cable TV part of our Spectrum bundle, I decided to reclaim an area in the parlor.  
   This morning we cleaned off the loveseat (a 70's era tangerine no-wale corduroy piece that my mom had got at a very good price at a local expensive furniture store (Rush's) that is no longer in business.  Unfortunately, no one over 5'5" has ever been able to get up from sitting on it without assistance...it's too low!), covered it with a clean sheet and put an end-table and lamp by it's side. Since it's now sitting in the middle of the room an extension cord will be necessary to make the lamp work!  I reclaimed the wingback chair that the dogs had declared as 'Their Property' when they sit with me while I'm on the PC and convinced Fanny, at least, that the loveseat was better than the chair.   It looks rather cozy.  Now I can knit and watch my favorite British shows on Acorn-TV and Netflix in comfort.  
   The dogs weren't too thrilled when I moved the wingback chair and kept directing them to the loveseat but they'll learn.  I figurer that as long as I'm the Alpha Bitch in this pack I should get my choice of seats.  Right now Fanny is stretched out across the loveseat.  Jeff doesn't think there's enough room for Zoey but since they fit together on the loveseat in the TV room they should fit on this one.  
   I don't think the mouse who was living in the room will be too excited either but it will accept the changes or move on (my hope). I've got to be careful about putting out D-con because Zoey is small enough to go under furniture and I don't want her to get into anything she shouldn't.  I figurer I need another excuse to reclaim more area in the parlor and that should get rid of the rest of the boxes Jeff has accumulated in the room.  
   Oh, Jeff has informed me that I will need new speakers for my PC before I will be able to hear the dialogue from the shows I want to watch if I'm sitting in the wingback chair.  And now that I can get to the windows I think it's time to wash the curtains!   I think I'll wait until I get the curtains done before I take any photos of my little nest...besides the camera needs new batteries and I keep forgetting to get them!! 


(For some reason the font size of each paragraph is changing on it's own.  Sorry about that.)

No comments: