Thursday, September 13, 2018

Hurting but Knitting

    It looks like we're going to go back to having some Summer-like days for awhile.  After last week's weather...cold (temperatures in the 50-60 range) and wet...it should be a welcome change except as the temperature goes up so does the humidity.  And one thing about the Mohawk Valley it gets hazy, hot and humid very easily!
   This morning I could barely move or roll over in bed...and that was after the dogs had left me to go outside with Jeff!  I ache from my neck to my toes!  Most of it from knitting...ok, maybe not the pain in my knees, ankles and feet but definitely the pain in my neck, arms and back...probably hips, too. When I knit constantly my left hand looks like a Vulcan salute (you remember, Mr. Spock's V?) and my right elbow just hurts.  Washing dishes last night helped my hands but I still had trouble holding on to what I was washing.  I had decided I had enough knitting for one day so I grabbed a book but just holding that open ended up hurting, too.  Gee, it's rough having arthritis but at least my fingers are still straight not like the way my mom's got all bend and swollen. 
   Just laying there in bed I hurt so I decided I might as well get up and make some coffee. By the time it was ready (I dropped the used coffee filter on the floor on the way to the garbage bag and had to sweep the floor before anybody with 4 feet and a wet nose decided to investigate) I was alone...everyone had gone back to sleep.  Walmart didn't have any sliced Italian bread yesterday-I had to get an unsliced loaf, so this morning I sliced two nice, thick 
slices and toasted them, spread on what was left of the butter in the dish (Jeff is not able to unwrap and add a new stick of butter to the butter dish) and topped it with Maggie's homemade strawberry jam. I really enjoyed my toast and coffee...there wasn't a small dog trying to climb up into my lap for her supposed share!
   Now I'm ready to start another hat.  I think today's will be a ladies fedora.  The last one was done in cotton and sold quickly so I'll repeat it just changing the colors. 
It should take most of the day to knit.  The last 2 days I've been knitting baby and toddler hats that took longer than I had planned but I kept screwing up the pattern.  They're ready for the embroidery now.  Tomorrow I'll do more baby and toddler rolled brimmed hats with knit flowers.  I'll be in the shop
on Saturday and those six hats should fill up the display nicely. 
   It's time for my 2nd cup of coffee and to start that hat.  Now where did I put the yarn after the last one?

No comments: