Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Still Stuck At Home

    When you're stuck at home (6 miles from town) without a car you better have something to do.  I'm lucky because my Yarn Stash is fairly full so I can knit.  This week I did this size 4 baseball hoodie in red, white and blue acrylic yarn by Red Heart, perfect for a Boston or Atlanta fan.  Besides the Henley neck with 3 baseball buttons, it has a back zipper for ease getting it on and off.  It's knit on US 5's and 7's.  Then, being a good Yankee fan, I started a navy and white
Yankee Pin-stripe hoodie.  I wasn't going to do another size 4 but lost track of the hood and ended up with the length for one.  I just finished the sleeves this afternoon and hope to get the body done tonight.  Then I'll probably spend the next 2 days embroidering the pin-stripes.  I'll post a photo as soon as it's finished.
   In the meantime, we're all starting to feel the cabin fever of not being able to go anywhere.  There are errands that should be done, bills to mail (well, one of us could just walk down to the mailbox and leave them with the red flag up...), I have 15 books on reserve waiting for me to pick them up at the library, a Rx at the pharmacy and we've started to run low on bread. And I still haven't picked up my new glasses! But it's the principle of the matter that's bugging me.  The transmission for the Forester...was suppose to be in by Friday...but just got delivered today.  (Should of asked 'which Friday', huh?)  I could scream but what good would it do?  We don't live close enough to the mechanics for him to hear me.  Jeff took a taxi (to and from) his MD appointment on Monday but I rescheduled my Tuesday morning appointment.  Now I have an appointment to have my taxes done and an appointment in Cooperstown coming up early next week.  And 'spring cleaning' at the shop begins next week, too.  (If you don't put in a day during 'spring cleaning' you have to work an extra day during the season.)  Oh, and I thought I'd treat us all and ordered an Easter bread from the Java Shop on Main St in Herkimer but it's suppose to be picked up on Friday!  Maybe I'll have to call my cousin Ed again.  


No comments: