Friday, June 13, 2014

Rain, Rain, Go Away

  It has been a cool, damp week.  So bad that today I actually told Jeff I was glad we didn't have camp any more coz it would be even more uncomfortable up there than it was here.  (And this was after the beautiful day we had early this week when an old friend posted a photo on Facebook of the beach there that had made me cry!) Today it poured at times...I know  we need the rain but come on now, it was the Baseball Hall of Fame's 75th birthday and they had a cake cutting ceremony scheduled for 11am outside on the front stairs. Nothing like a little rain with your birthday cake, huh?
  I worked half a day in the shop...for a variety of reasons...and the day went quickly.  It seemed to pour...really rain hard...every hour or so all afternoon and I was glad to get out and head for home.  A quick stop at Stewart's for gas made sure I'd make it without any problems.  Jeff and Fanny were waiting...Jeff walking around, checking the water-soaked boxes and Fanny sticking her head out the door...Jeff said looking for me.   We decided to go to Donna's for supper...quick and easy and the food is always good. When we got home I stared at the TV for awhile but found myself falling asleep so I decided it was time to play on the PC.  It's unusual not have any knitting to do...if it wasn't raining I could be mowing the lawn or maybe we'd have a fire in the outside firepit and be enjoying our new lawn furniture...metal stackable chairs with web seats that were on sale at WalMart ($15/chair).  Maybe I shouldn't complain but Thursday night tv is lousy!  I think I'll just give up and go to bed...at least I'll be warmer than I am sitting here.  I refuse to turn on the furnace. It's the principal of the matter...it's the middle of June!!!


   

No comments: