Sunday, June 16, 2013

If It's Not One Thing Than It's Another!

It was my turn to man the shop in Cooperstown Friday. With me, I had my pink & white size 6mo sweater with a plain white hat that I had hoped to add something to.  Judy had suggested a pompom flower (wrap the yarn around something, tie in the middle) instead of a knitted one, so I tried it.  Did 2 with what pink yarn I had left and used the last 2 buttons for the centers. This year I've been using ribbon for leaves instead of knitting them so I added some organdy 'leaves'. 
"Pretty in Pink"
I kind of liked it and someone else did too, coz it sold yesterday!  That's what I like...quick turn overs.  Especially in a size 6mo coz they don't take long to make. Found another skein of Red Heart baby pink in my mom's stash so I guess I know what I'm doing next!

When I got home I found that Jeff had been busy.  He had taken the greenhouse apart and moved the frame, taken pallets apart in preparation to cut them into woodstove size, mowed the lawn (had to before moving the greenhouse frame), put up one gutter on the deck and found out that he needed some parts to put up the other (I had the car and Lowe's is rather a long walk), and...made a pot of spaghetti sauce for supper.  WOW, what a man!  Before I cooked the pasta we moved the 'ribs' of the greenhouse half way to its new site.  Made out of plastic conduits it wasn't heavy...just awkward to move.

Yesterday, the greenhouse completed its move and the lawn finally got mowed all the way around.  Jeff re-enforced the ribs on the greenhouse and added a bi-fold door that a friend had saved from the 
garbage pile for us.  Now we've got to get the plastic to cover it.  Jeff's going to put the gutter garden in there.    [Sue, you've got to come see the greenhouse!]
I spent the rest of the afternoon knitting and watching the garden grow.  The potatoes have started to sprout in the cages and some of the peppers and tomatoes are ready to blossom.  Most of the plants in the seedling beds are too small yet to transplant so there's still a lot of empty space in the garden.  Funny but all this rain hasn't helped them much.  Oh, and the hummingbirds visit the feeders...one in the apple tree and one in the bean tower. You haven't lived until 2 hummingbird are zooming just over your head trying to scare each other away from the feeder!  And, I started another ladies summer top.   This one is a size small in the silky ivory cotton/acrylic blend.  I changed the directions a little coz I'm doing it on a circular needle so there will not be any seams to sew.  I like the way the sweater hangs this way.

The monitor on my pc needs a new switch but that will have to wait until next week.  I can't quite figure out how to get the camera to download to the netbook. But, rain is scheduled for this afternoon so maybe Jeff will take the time to do it and I can knit!! (Jeff tried but couldn't get the netbook to accept the camera so he took the camera to his place, downloaded the photos and emailed them to me.  Whatever works!!)

No comments: