Monday, June 24, 2013

How The Garden is Growing

Things have finally started to pick up in Cooperstown.  I worked in the shop again yesterday and sales weren't fantastic but fair.  I've sold 4 baby sweater sets so far this month and some smaller things.  Pink and white seems to be the colors for this year...I'm a little tired of it...and the baseball hats have finally started to sell!  I've got a small yellow sweater on the needles today...should finish it tonight or tomorrow so I can send it down with another member who's working this weekend.  

Jeff's been busy with the greenhouse.  He decided to put last year's gutter garden in it and they had to be re-sized. When I got home yesterday, the gutters were in place and hooked up to the water system and the pails planted.  He still wants to put a raised bed in there.  That would be nice for herbs.  The plastic will go on next week.  

The caged potatoes are doing well,too.  Jeff's had to hill them a couple of times already.  I swear they grow 2-4" every night!  The composted cow manure we got a couple of weeks ago is almost all gone...it seems to make a big difference with the potatoes!  If the plants are growing as fast underground as they are on top....

We stopped at the 2 greenhouses by us and got some marked down plants...peppers, squash, cantaloupe and Italian basil.  They won't get planted today.  We're having a thunderstorm right now and the power went off (This netbook has a battery.)
It's back on but I think I'll stop for now, anyway.  Jeff planned on borrowing the column from my pc...since my monitor needs a new on/off switch and the one he lent me doesn't work...until he can get his column fixed but he just told me that after the power went off...and came back on (maybe, a surge?) his monitor started to work.  Ah, computers. They are our friends.  Ah, ha.  Pictures to follow!

No comments: