Saturday, May 25, 2013

Rain rain go away....it's Memorial Day Weekend!!


Yesterday was cold and wet and I worked in the shop in Cooperstown.   There were a few people walking around in the rain and the finishing touches were being put on the traveling Vietnam Memorial that is spending the weekend in Doubleday parking lot. All those names...very moving.  I know one name that is on the Memorial (Phil Cirilli, who lived on the street we did in town...I later worked with his sister at the library.) but it was raining too steady to look for it.  I wish I had had more time.  From the shop window I watched a man about my age knee in front of the memorial with his dog.  Couldn't tell if his face was wet from the rain or....  And a young father stopped with 2 little girls and it looked like he was explaining what it was about.  All very
moving.  The memorial is about 300 ft
long and about 6 ft high in the center, tapering down to 2 ft at each end. If the man in this photo(r) kept walking ...and jumped the memorial at its center...he'd be in front of the shop.  The memorial will be there until Tuesday.


Here's that size 6 yellow shrug (r)...paired with a wonderful sundress made by Sharon, another talented shop member.  You can see a white shrug in the display, too.  My biggest customer
Skipper Stripe Hoodie, size 6mo,
finished on Sun., 5/26
 of the day asked if I did a smaller shrug...to go with the dress she was getting for her granddaughter.  She said she'd be back during the season to see if there were any more so I started a size 3 in a lime green when I got home last night.  I finished it watching TV tonight (l)... 11:30 pm!  Tomorrow it'll be back to my Skipper Stripe hoodie.  I had planned on getting a photo of my Little Girl Chic sweater set but happily, it had sold this week.  Have to do another, I guess.


Fanny and Jeff seemed to have enjoyed a day off from gardening yesterday, napping off and on all afternoon.  The crockpot of chili sure smelled good when I got home!  And I was actually thankful we didn't have to drive to Speculator to camp this weekend.  I miss the place when the weather is good but I've spent enough cold, wet Memorial Day Weekends up there to last a lifetime!!  (Just saw on the 11pm news...White Face Mt got 18" of SNOW!)

No comments: