Friday, May 31, 2013

Good bye May, Hello June!

May ended with a beautiful day...hot, humid but sunny.  Jeff had been invited by the tech who drew blood from him this week to visit her home and pick up some chunk wood so we decided to do that this afternoon (beat working in the garden or mowing the lawn).  But first we checked out some garage sales and it was a good thing we had hooked up the trailer coz  there was a corner computer stand at the first sale that Jeff liked.  He had seen a similar one last weekend but it was on the 3rd floor of a house and he didn't feel like carrying it down to the car.  This one was marked $5 but since I've been watching American Pickers on the History Channel I knew enough to make an offer and we got the stand for $3!  He also got a box of drill bits and assorted tools for next to nothing and he saw a piece of counter top...for free...that would work in the laundry room covering the cupboard unit that is between the washer and dryer.  We stopped at 2 other sales on the way home and I bought him a 6-prong pitchfork that needs a new handle for $1.50 (they were asking $3).  He said he needed a pitchfork with more than 4 prongs like the one I have to turn the compost.  We went home and unloaded the trailer and refilled our ice tea bottles and headed to Ilion.  Mohawk is having village wide garage sales this weekend so we went thru Mohawk and stopped at another sale.  We finally made it to the wood pile and loaded up the trailer.  There was a jon-boat there that was slowly being eaten by termites and Jeff asked if it was for sale.  The tech must be in a big hurry to get rid of it coz she called her son...who owned it...and tried to make a deal for us.  No luck.  Maybe if we go back for more wood he will have changed his mind.  


The sneaker on the left had been nibbled
on before and repaired with duc tape.
We made it home around 6pm to find that Fanny had gotten bored or scared or lonesome coz she ate 2 sneakers...one each from different pairs...and a box of Kleenix. Now all these were on my bed side table in the corner farthest from the bed meaning she had to stand on the table to get them. I don't know why she does these things but I'm down to my good pair and my garden pair of sneakers...and I keep them up on a shelf when I'm not wearing them.

Wally came over from next door while Jeff was unloading the wood from the trailer and I was cooking supper.   He offered to help Jeff take the rest of our trash to the town garage tomorrow.  Not everything Wally thought we should get rid of is actually trash so Jeff had to sort out the pile beside the garage and  I started cleaning out another closet.  I'm sure we'll have a trailer load tomorrow morning.  Poor Jeff, though.  He's not a morning person and tomorrow is the last day of the open collection so they'll have to make an early start. 

I finished my six months baby sweater this morning.
 It's kind of cute and it definitely went fast...I started it Thursday after supper!  Got to get the hat done now.  I want to do a 6 month pale blue set,  too, before I go to Cooperstown next Thursday.  I have an appointment with my cardiologist to make sure my artificial heart valve is doing it's job and I thought I stop at the shop and restock afterwards.  And I may just treat myself to a slice of pizza from Sal's on Main St.  Mom always said the sauce there tastes like someone's mother had made it.

No comments: