Sunday, December 2, 2012

No Central Heat in 1817...

Just back from the Hyde Hall Holiday at Glimmerglass State Park near Cooperstown.  Hyde Hall is a historical building being renovated.  Built in 1817, it does not have central heating or many electric lights.  I learned those facts first-hand today as I help represent the shop at this craft show.  There were about a dozen vendors set up in the foyer, drawing room and front parlor of this once magnificent mansion. To say it was cold in there is a total understatement!   I felt like I was dressed for skiing not sitting at a craft table!  I even had some hand warmers in my pockets!  The organizers compensated with free coffee all afternoon...without telling you that the bathroom was in the visitor's center across the lawn!  As the day progressed it got darker and colder in there but we still called it a success with the shop doing well. I sold several baby sweater sets and took orders for a couple more. Guess I know what I'll be doing this week!   


No comments: