Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Heat Wave

I don't know why but these heat waves seem to spur tourist to buy hand-knit items in the shop in Cooperstown. I worked last Mon, July 9, and took 3 toddler sweaters down to restock my shelf coz 2 sweaters had sold over the Fourth. Since then, those 3 plus 2 other things have sold...including my pin-stripe sweater...leaving my space pretty empty. I've got another royal blue v-neck cardigan with base ball beads as buttons ready and a lavender sheep sweater...finished that one about 1:30am today! I immediately started a red bb cardigan but gave up and went to bed around 3am. Today I worked on that, getting one sleeve almost done. Should finish it tonight even if it takes until 3am again!. Found a white hat waiting for bb embroidery in a bag with yarn so I'll put that in my tote to take with me tomorrow. This is definitely a case of crying all the way to the bank....but this is induction weekend for the BB Hall of Fame and I don't want to miss any opportunities! (A lot of tourists are expected from Cincinnati coz one of the inductees, Barry Larkin, is a longtime 'star' there. My red sweater may find a home there instead of in Boston which sits better with this Yankee fan.)
Jeff tilled between the garden rows and hoed the rows yesterday in hope of rain. The tomato and pepper plants are forming fruit after the rain we got over the weekend. We need more rain but hopefully not a heavy beating rainfall.

No comments: