Tuesday, July 5, 2011

How The Garden Grows


















Our garden has been getting a lot of attention lately and it shows. The rows are weed-free and the soil is rich and dark. Our corn is higher than most we've seen in fields around us...don't know if we'll have many ears but so far we're ahead! The cukes and pole beans have started up their 'rustic' trellis and the potatoes are leaning on their rope supports. The poles for the tomatoes are cut and hopefully will be put in later this week. I found the 1st green tomato yesterday morning!! Last night Jeff sprayed for bugs again...or for whoever is eating the cuke and bean leaves. And, oh, it was back! This is only the 5th time I've run into one in the nearly 50 years I've been in the house. The last one was in the bathroom a couple of weeks ago, so the visits are getting too close for my comfort. Jeff says if it comes back again I get to keep it. LOL! What do I name it? Slinky?? (It is a garden snake.)












No comments: