Monday, April 11, 2011

Very Good Weekend

It was a very good weekend. Saturday was my 61st birthday and I was scheduled to work at the library. Not a good way to start, huh? But it turned out to be a good day. Jeff came up for supper and even cooked a killer chili! We had bought a large food dehydrator online and it was delivered Saturday. We had used a small round dehydrator for fruit and we were both looking forward to trying the larger one so after unpacking it, we went back down to the store and got $25 worth of fresh fruit...apples, pineapple, strawberries, bananas...and after supper we spend about 2 hours cutting up it all up. The dehydrator runs so quietly! Anyway, by Sunday morning we had 2 quarts of dried fruit. We all feel it was worth the $$$ to get it. After cutting everything up, we decided to watch tv...Stargate...SF...not my favorite genre but I'm getting to like it. (I've also discovered Bruce Willis movies...boy, can I sure knit fast watching those Die Hard movies!) Anyway, we didn't make it to the end of the show but it turned out to be a very good evening. Not a bad birthday at all.

No comments: