Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Yarn Pal Time

           The dogs seemed to know that the soft squishy package UPS just delivered had something special in it for them...and it did!  There were 3 different kinds of dog treats!!  The package was from my current Yarn Pal, Nina Weiss in Huntington Beach, California, and it held more than just dog treats!

   Besides the beautiful yarn and the package of coffee beans, there was a book on tatting, a shuttle and a ball of tatting thread.  Now, I can't tell you how many times I've tried to learn to tat.  An old friend of my mother's, an expert tatter, even tried to teach me and I'm afraid I nearly gave the poor woman a nervous breakdown!  And I wasn't a kid!  I was an almost 30 year old professional woman with a good job AND a thriving craft business but I couldn't remember the easy directions she gave me! By the time I got home I had forgotten everything!  But, boy, could I make great knots! Now with the book and its beautiful photos I think I just might be able to master tatting.  Let's keep those fingers and toes crossed!  Please!!

And Thank You Again, Nina Weiss!  I am looking forward to trying to tat!!  

(Oh, I had to put the dog treats on a high shelf because Zoey's Beagle nose found them on the counter and was urging Fanny to get them down for her.  When you're only 11" high at the shoulder there are times you need to rely on your 'big' (20" at the shoulder) sister!)



No comments: