Saturday, December 19, 2020

Swaps Are Fun!

    Swaps are fun!  I learned that several years ago when I signed up for my first one with Yarn Pals.  Meeting someone from another country was the first attraction, receiving yarn and goodies from that country was the second.  I've gotten some of the most beautiful yarns from Scotland, Australia and New Zealand!  I just hope I was sending some of equal value!  The only drawback was the increasing cost of international postage.  My last couple of swap packages cost me more in postage than the value of the contents and I was forced to switch to American partners or skip that rotation.  Then this year I missed the deadline for signing up  because of Jeff's many medical procedures...life just got into the way of my swapping!  I was really disappointed because of all the times of the year, I loved the Christmas Swap the best.  By chance I saw on Ravely.com that their Advent and Christmas swaps had later deadlines and I decided to sign up for them--choosing American partners for both.  

   I got a beautiful Christmas Swap package from Shannon in Farmington. NM.  The 

cowl is knit from my favorite yarn (& my favorite color) Malabrigo Rio and I've been wearing it all the time since I opened the package.  (The box is a variety of teabags!!)  Unfortunately, the 2nd mug lost it's handle en route and has become a pencil holder.

    The Advent Swap package came from Kansas City, MO., and held 24 small packages (1 each for Dec 1-24) and 1 larger package (for Dec 25).  It's been almost like being a kid again!  I've gotten more than I ever imagined!  Home-made dog treats (dehydrated liver and green beans) that our dogs loved...and stole the bag off the counter to finish!!  A couple of kits, mini-skeins of yarn, ornaments, the list goes on and on and at the end of the swap I'll post photos but I just want to be sure to post what I got yesterday (Dec 18).

Never guess what it is?  Just the cutest little pair of Scissors!!  
I have either laughed out loud,  run to show Jeff or at least smiled when I opened these little packages. I've already decided that I want to signup for next year's Advent Swap but I've got to use my imagination a lot more choosing my 24-daily gifts.  

  I just received a Yarn Pals' Swap and have my package about ready to go.  I've tried to make it unusual and interesting.  Hope my partner likes it. 

No comments: