Tuesday, June 23, 2020

It May be Summer But...

   The temperature outside may be in the 80's today with high humidity but I know it won't last.  In a couple of months we'll be lucky to have a high temp of 30 so I started another cowl!  It's inspired by Lena Skvagersons's Fair Isle Gansey Cowl for Annie's Signature Designs so I had to make some major design changes.
   The original design is a 3-color fair isle pattern that is all worked in stockinette
 stitch so the first thing I did was change it to all one color...in this case Red Heart's Aran, an acrylic worsted that is machine wash and dryable.  Then I had to change the all knit stockinette to a knit-purl sequence to get a texture finish.

   I'm pretty pleased
with the way it worked up.  It really looks like a Guernsey cowl to me!  
  Hopefully it will go to the shop this week in time for July 4th.  

No comments: