Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Ground Hog's Day


Saturday was Ground Hog's Day and he did not see his shadow.  That means an early spring, right?  Well, someone forgot to tell Mother Nature coz it's snowing today...bands of lake effect that are quite heavy at times...like right now.  The good part is that it's been doing this all night and we've accumulated only an inch or 2 so far.  I don't think we'll be snowed in today but visibility is non-existent at times so I think today will be spent in our respective hidey holes...Jeff in town and the dog and me out here in the little woods.  He's probably taking it easy, sleeping, reading, online, while I've got yarn all over the TV room floor. I moved a chair and found that The Stash is out of control so it's time to do something.  The dog is willing to help by stealing taking balls of yarn and hiding them under the bed or kitchen table. (She's not too good with 'hide and seek'.) I've even found empty yarn boxes so it shouldn't be too difficult to stash The Stash and clean up a little.  It's a good thing in a way...lately I've been knitting a lot of socks on small gauge short circular needles and the fingers on my left hand are a little swollen and painful so I think I'll start a baby sweater on a US 8 when I finish this...much easier on the fingers.  But the bottom of the bag of new merchandise for the shop is covered with baby socks!  Got the notice the other day that clean-up in the shop starts April 1st, with the annual meeting April 10th and we'll be opening for our 39th season April 11th.


Mitchell, Zare, Rayjon, Sara & Zakiya
Jeff's daughter, Sara, and her 4 kids are visiting family in Utica this week so we went up to visit Saturday.  Meeting the family for the 1st time is always awkward but meeting the ex-family is stranger.  But we were welcomed warmly and had a nice visit.  Jeff's invited them for lunch this week...another reason to stash The Stash.  He wants to show the boys his gutter garden set-up.  They live in Texas and he thinks a gutter garden might be easier for them than a traditional one.  Their father is in the Army and currently deployed in Afghanistan.  And yes, the girls are twins.

While Fanny's been 'helping' sort the yarn she hasn't neglected her favorite job... shedding kindling wood.  Here I had just followed her thru the house with both her favorite bone and current piece of wood in her mouth!  I can sweep the floor 3 times a day but there is always dog hair and wood shavings around.


No comments: