Saturday, June 26, 2021

What's New This Summer

     Spring has been good at the shop, Cooper Country Crafts, for me.  My revised sheep design, Sheep in the Meadow, has been popular with customers.  By limiting the sheep to just the yoke, the majority of the sweater is done in stockinette without having to count rows or stitches.  Once the sleeves are finished the body just knits up in no time!  The 'meadow' is enclosed by a few rows of ombre yarn that compliment the main color.  The color combination makes the sweater look so smart but keeps it simple to knit. (The revised design eliminates a lot of yarn ends that need to be worked in making me very happy!)

  This is a size 2 cardigan I just finished and put in the shop yesterday.  (There are 2 more sheep on the back.)  It is done in Red Heart's worsted weight acrylic in Amethyst with the trim done in Monet, which has become the most popular color combination for this sweater this spring.  I've also done it in White and Pink with the trim in Monet or Tourmaline (shades of pink from the palest to the  hottest), all Red Heart acrylics, in sizes 2 and 4.  Yesterday I started a size 1 in Gray Heather wih the trim in Icelandic (shades of Aqua and Gray).  I've been using old pearl buttons that my friend, Maggie Schanz, gave me as well as some new pearl buttons that I bought.  I have very few of the round buttons I used last year (from Buttons.com) that I really liked.  They were the perfect size and had the nicest colors but this year everything I wanted was 'out of stock'.  (Blaming the shortage on Covid!!) I'm hoping they get them back in stock soon!  Even buying buttons at Walmart gets expensive!!

   I'm planning on doing some baseball sweaters in size 1, too.  The smaller sweaters make up faster and if they're going to sell well, that's the kind I need to make!  Several customers have said size 2 and 4 hoodies don't need back zippers as long as they have a Henley opening in the front.  I can agree with that for a size 1 but will have to think about it for the other sizes.
   My sweaters are always available at Cooper Country Crafts, 2 Doubleday Court, Cooperstown, NY.  They may also be ordered in your choice of color and size thru the shop(607-547-9247) but must be paid for when ordered
(including postage if they are to be mailed to you.)
   Now it's time to get back to knitting!

No comments: