Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Make That #3

    I had my 3rd yearly infusion of Reclast yesterday and I don't remember feeling so lousy.  I felt...still do...like I got run over by a steamroller!!  Reclast is for postmenapause women with low bone density and a family history of osterporisis...and I fit the bill on all 3 levels.  If you remember my mom (& her sisters) you know how bent over they were with osteoarthrisis.  The 3 of them (Josie, Fran and Caroline) all had developed a 'dowager hump', too.  Even if you take into consideration the age in which they developed (post WWI, Depression, WWII) and how undernurished they were (an orange was a treat reserved for Christmas!!) you'd expect them to have low bone density.  Add to my family history, my medical history (treatment for Hodgkins' Disease) and I was also a canidate for low bone density.                                            Reclast has greatly reduced the chance of me breaking a hip, I think the last report said it was about 10%.  After breaking the tib and fib in my right leg when I had my cardiac episode in 2008, I was really worried that one of my wintertime falls in the driveway would result destroy my hip!  That's not bad odds!

No comments: