Tuesday, December 28, 2021

It's Over For Another Year!

   Well, Christmas is over for another year and I didn't do as much as I planned.  I had gotten a sweater order early in December (for a size 4 Polar Express Cardigan) and it took me more time than it should have to knit it.  By the time I finished I could barely hold on to the needles!!  But, I got it into the mail with plenty of time for it to make it downstate to the lady who ordered it.  Then I started to work on my Christmas knitting and I'm sad to say I only finished one...and I still haven't delivered it!!  I postponed my Christmas socks to Birthday socks (both those guys are March babies so it gives me time) and actually ordered the yarn for the first pair.  It arrived today and while I like it and it's called 'superwash', it can't go in the dryer.  I just have to remember that!!  Good thing I've got time to look for another yarn...a true superwash...for the other pair.  I want to start those socks today and see how the yarn works up.  The yarn is Valley Yarns Superwash Sport, a 100% Merino, in Denim, and the pattern I'm going to use calls for US#3's.  I think my arthritic fingers will react to that better than working on a US#1 with sock weight yarn.  I'll post a photo of the socks here when they are done.

   

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your socks! I'm taking time off by knitting pet blankets for the animal shelter and 4 pairs of mittens for some special people!