Tuesday, March 1, 2016

March is Here!

   I had my income taxes done today and I am happy to say I am getting enough back from my Federal taxes to get a new kitchen stove.  Ours has  been very temperamental lately, or at least the oven has, making baking a real experience.  So, when my refund gets here in about a week I'm getting a new stove. And a new coffee maker.  And maybe a new electric teakettle, too.  Our electric appliance have to be replaced every 5-7 years due to the iron sulfide that precipitates from our well.(Sulfur water does more than just smell bad. It iodizes on electrodes and corrodes metals making metal pipes leak and electrical junctions short out.) 
   Today is Jeff's birthday and he requested a coconut custard pie for dessert.  Our favorite diner/bakery makes them but they were out of them yesterday and they're not open on Tuesdays.  That left me with trying to make a pie in the toaster oven or buying a Marie Callender frozen pie.  Marie Callender it is...and they gave me a choice between a large pie or 2 small (tiny) pies.  I took the tiny ones figuring enough sugar was enough for him!  Dinner will be breaded pork chops with gravy, twice-baked potatoes with cheddar cheese and fancy green beans. Yum! HB,J!
   I took the skein of turqua I bought Sunday and my short straight size 7's with me to the tax preparers this morning figuring I'd have to wait my turn and I could work on a hood.  I got about 6" done so the 1st girly hoodie will be a Black Sheep in turqua with lavender trim. I plan to use the rest of the turqua to do a Black Sheep cardigan...raglan from the neck down...again with lavender trim. Hey, I'm finally getting into this!! Oh, Walmart in Herkimer had white 18" zippers today...3 of them...so I bought them all!! (I know, that means Walmart is out of 18" white zippers again, but this time I know why.) The real trick will be to find a zipper to come close to the turqua.
  

No comments: