PART 1: 10/6/2026
It's amazing how things can change or go wrong so fast. We had gone to town to do some errands and were back home safely without any problems. I was walking from the car towards the steps when suddenly I was falling. I don't know if I tripped over something in the grass, the end of my cane or just lost my balance but I was going over. Zoey ran over to me and gave my face a couple of licks before Jeff was able to get her into the kitchen. My left knee hurt and since it's bone-on-bone without any cartilage I didn't try to crawl to the stairs. I scooted along on my bottom and by the time Jeff came back out I was sitting on the bottom step. Then I started to boost myself up, 1 step at a time, until I could stand up using the stair railings. I managed to climb the stairs and walk inside the house. Jeff gave me a cup of coffee (and a lecture about learning how to stand up after a fall). After sitting here for a while, the pain in my knee has lessened but I think I'll be sore tomorrow! At least I didn't hurt my hands or arms...I've got a bag of knitting to finish!!!
PART 2: 10/7/2026
I managed to get some sleep last night... in a chair... because my knee didn't like it when I straightened my leg out to lay down. Tylenol XL and Benadryl helped, too! I felt good when I woke up until I got up and walked to the bathroom then I decided our toilet seat is several inches too low. (I had trouble sitting down and getting back up!) I checked for bruises everywhere it hurt but found none. I feel secure walking with the walker both in the house and outside, so I put my cane away for the winter. Jeff and I both checked where I had fallen and the only thing we could find to cause the fall was the wet grass. My INR (blood test) this afternoon was out of range at 1.9 (which was what I had expected) but only .1 so it wasn't too bad. My Warfarin dose got raised for tonight, too. Maybe by next Wednesday I'll be back in range. In the meantime, I'll take it easy and wait patiently (not!) for the aches to fade away!
I know it could have been worse. And I want to thank everyone for the kind words.
No comments:
Post a Comment