Thursday, September 16, 2021

It's Beginning to feel like Christmas...

      I'm trying to plan my holiday knitting so I'm not knitting at the last minute but it never seems to work out right.  As the years so by there are fewer people I knit for at Christmas...or I knit smaller things.  Jeff still wants wool socks, as does my cousin, Ed, but this year I may try to add something different to their packages but I don't know what yet.  Jeff's sister is always a problem.  I usually do mittens and a scarf or a shawl for Sherry but how many can I do for the woman??  I was thinking of doing a shawl or amall afghan???  I want to do something special for my friend, Maggie, because she has been there for me a lot this year.  Since I'm doing something for her, should I do something for her husband, too?

      Last year I signed up for 3 swaps with the on-line knitting groups I'm in.  It was fun but it did get expensive so this year I signed up for only 1.  I really enjoyed the Advent swap (a small gift was given for each day of Advent with a larger one for Christmas) but while I was trying to make up my mind to do it or not,  I missed the signup deadline.  Oh, well.  I did sign up for the regular Christmas Swap.  That was fun, too, so I'm sure it will be again this year.

No comments: