Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Old Friends and Memories

  I  really enjoyed my visit with my college friend, Maggie, yesterday afternoon and my evening chat with another college friend, Tim, on Facebook, last night.  It really was a trip down memory lane for all 3 of us!  Tim sent a photo of himself and wants me to post one of Maggie and me so that's #1 on my list for our next get-together.  I tore my closet apart last night looking for the Rod McKuen poetry books that Tim got Maggie and me interested in...and found them...but I couldn't find my yearbooks...none of them from high school or college!  They must be packed away in a box somewhere...in the attic, maybe? 
   When I got home yesterday Jeff was waiting to use my car.  His brother's long-time companion had died suddenly and Jeff wanted to go to their house in Rome to be with his brother but he didn't feel confident driving the Outback that far and coming home again late at night. I got home around 5pm and he left for Rome then.  He didn't get back until almost 11pm.  The services will be in Ilion on Thursday so I said I'd go with him.  While I've met his brother several times and am friendly with him and Jeff's nephews I had met the woman only once and felt like an intruder if I went with Jeff last night.
   I woke up this morning to the sound of pouring rain and really just wanted to roll over and bury my head with the bedcovers but Fanny wanted to go out so by the time we did that I was so cold and wide awake I just made some coffee and turned on the TV.  Tuesday morning is time for the Artful Detective...something I can usually knit to very well but it was one I had seen (a couple of times) so I ended up playing solitaire on my PC for awhile hoping the rain would let up and not knitting at all.  I finally gave up and got dressed, wrote the last 2 checks I had to mail and got ready to go to town.  Jeff had gotten up and asked me to make a copy for him at the library and mail a letter before I left the house so my 'to do' list had about half a dozen stops on it.  When I got in the car I found out that he had left the driver's side window open about 1/2-3/4" open and the seat was wet!  I sat down and SCREAMED!!  He heard me in the house and we met at the kitchen door!  I was not happy.  I grabbed a bath towel to put on the seat and turned on the seat heater but the dampness seeped thru and it was an uncomfortable ride around town and to Ilion.  To get even I stopped at Little Caesars and got a pizza for lunch because Jeff wouldn't eat it.  (He ended up eating it for supper instead.)
      I had found a pattern on Facebook for a knitted keychain and made a sample to show the girls at the shop on Monday.  One suggested not using the blended sock yarn but straight wool and felt the little pocketbook.  I thought about that but decided just to make the bag smaller.  I did one today and now it's small enough to hold a quarter...and keep it from falling out. I've got plenty of leftover sock yarn so I'm all set.  Just have to come up with some

,
promotional lines about 'always having a quarter handy for a shopping cart'.  And I have to get some washers to put in the bags in place of quarters!!  Or maybe poker chips!

  
    I really have to get back to 'real' knitting.  My hat display was full but I've got to do some baseball sweaters.  Got a size 2 pin-stripe started and when that's done I should do a red and white one...maybe a hoodie.  This will be one of the longest stretches when I won't be in the shop so I better use my time wisely and KNIT!






No comments: